Roasted Tomato Soup
- 6-8 medium tomatoes quartered
- 1 sweet onion quartered
- 4-6 cloves garlic smashed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for rubbing
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk plus more to thin as needed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large oven safe pot, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, 5 sage leaves, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to char and release their juices. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the roasted tomato mix and their juices to a blender, puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and place over medium heat on the stove. Stir in the milk and cheddar cheese. Cook 5-10 minutes, until warmed. Stir in the basil and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle the soup among bowls and top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Courtesy of: Half baked Harvest – https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/easiest-herby-tomato-soup/
We appreciate hearing your thoughts and “What’s on your Design Mind”?