Overnight Oatmeal Jars
- For the base:
- 4 cups of quick-cooking or large flake rolling oats
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or your favorite baking spice
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of milk (dairy, soy, rice or nut)
- 2 cups of your favorite frozen fruit (berries, tropical or tree)
- For the topping:
- 2 cups of your favorite yogurt
- ¼ to ½ cup of maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
- 1 cup of nuts or seeds
- Measure the oats, syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and milk evenly into flour 1-pint (500 ml) mason jars. Seal the jars and give the works a good shake. Top with a thick layer of frozen fruit. Chill overnight (or even for 2 nights).
- In the morning, top off the smoothly transformed oatmeal with yogurt (if desired), a slash of sweet syrup and you crunch of choice. If dashing out the door with breakfast, don’t forget to grab a spoon!
Courtesy of – “Eating Bird Food”, https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/summer-overnight-oats/
We appreciate hearing your thoughts and “What’s on your Design Mind”?