Healthy Hamburger Helper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound shortcut pasta
- 1 zucchini, grated (about 1 cup grated)
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( use what you drink)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- In a large pot set over medium high heat, add the olive oil, onion, and beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown all over, breaking up the meat as you go, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder, cook another minute.Add the pasta and zucchini and toss to coat, then pour in the broth and milk. Add the ketchup and stir to combine. Season with salt.
3. Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until the pasta is al dente, stirring often.
4. Stir in the cheese and cook another few minutes until very creamy.
5. Divide the pasta among bowls and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Courtesy of: Half Baked Harvest – https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/one-pot-hamburger-helper/
We appreciate hearing your thoughts and “What’s on your Design Mind”?