Design Project Coordinator / REVIT Technician
Decca Design is seeking candidates with five plus years’ experience in the Canadian construction industry, candidates for an immediate opening for an in-office position in our fast-paced environment. Must be highly efficient in Revit and MS Office suite.
This role will facilitate the design and construction process from concept to completion; including planning, design development, construction documentation and administration, procurement, installation and project completion. Individuals must demonstrate creativity, design knowledge, communication skills and proficient use of tools including Revit to meet project expectations.
Design project managers are responsible for managing the scope of work, executing with a team, monitoring the quality of produced work, identifying and mitigating risks, and closing out successful projects.
The Design Project Manager works directly with the Principals to oversee the design process from start to finish. The position is an opportunity to be detailed, motivated and grow with a well-respected, boutique design firm serving high-end residential and medical & dental commercial clients for over 24 years.
Must resonate with our core values and guiding principals.
- Produce drawing packages and specifications for permit and code compliance (Revit)
- Review and respond to construction documentation, RFI’s, shop drawings and site instructions
- Establish design documentation, information relay and expectations throughout the design phases
- Coordinate project milestones, resources and budget while maintaining client expectations
- Use project management tools and techniques (Word, Excel, Charts)
- Communicate design intent with contractors and consultants
- Conduct site surveys, concept design schematics
- Collaborate in the development of feasibility studies
- Attend meetings, calls and inspections and document progress
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the team member as needed.
- Team Player, flexibility
- Critical thinker, decision maker & listener
- Takes responsibility for their work
- Self-Managed and Self-Motivated
- Open to learning and expanding your knowledge
- Understands and will work to deadlines
- Desire to exceed client expectations
- Works well in an active, ever-changing environment
If you resonate with our job posting and would like to be a part of the Decca Design Inc. team please submit your resume and a cover letter.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact just to prove that, when you apply for this position you should use the subject line “I love creating great spaces”. This helps us sort out the people who are truly interested in this position. In your cover letter tell us why you would be a valuable member of our team.
We are looking to bring our new team member on board as soon as possible, however we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit for both abilities and culturally. We are a close knit family.
We look forward to meeting you.
PS. If you know if anyone who might be a good fit for this position, please feel free to forward this link to them!